LiveFit Food Review Canada
LiveFit is a meal delivery service for people who are on a diet. It has Keto, Halal, and other special diet meal kit plans. Delivers to most places in Canada.
Not Available via MKD Click here to view alternatives
In a nutshell
Created in 2015, LiveFit Foods is one of the leading healthy meal delivery providers in Canada. LiveFit’s vision is to provide customers with a whole new way to eat: they work with experienced chefs to prepare a variety of natural, healthy meals for different dietary preferences.
If you are Looking for convenient and nutritious meals to enjoy in the comfort of your home, LiveFit can be a great option. Continue reading our LiveFit Foods review to find out more about the service’s advantages, disadvantages, costs, and processes.
Our Top-Rated Alternatives to LiveFit Food
Click to Get Up to 20 Free Meals
Get 67% OFF The First Box + 22% Off The Next 2!
Chefs Plate Review
- Delivers to most areas in Canada
- Offers meal variety for different needs and preferences
- Has an option for recurring orders
- Can work for people who are on a special diet
- Delivery address cannot be changed after placing your order
- The minimum requirement to qualify for free delivery is high
- Ingredient lists can be improved
How LiveFit Foods works?
LiveFit makes healthy and delicious meals accessible to Canadians. Variety is one of the best things about LiveFit. You can sort your orders by meals, specific nutrition goals, or diet, so if you hope to lose weight or gain muscle, there is a meal plan available that can help you out. Whether it is for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even snacks, there are many meals available, and you can choose between vegan, keto, vegetarian, and halal meals.
Who is LiveFit Good For?
LiveFit is great for people who do not have the time to eat out or cook at home, especially if you have dietary restrictions, such as following a vegan or vegetarian diet, or if you want to lose weight or gain muscle. If you’re looking to save money, LiveFit meals might be right for you since they are affordable compared to other meal kit services.
However, if you prefer your food to always be fresh, LiveFit may not be for you. The LiveFit Foods meals are ready-to-eat and frozen for longevity and then reheated when served, which can affect their freshness.
How much does LiveFit cost?
LiveFit prices range depending on the number of meals and plans. They offer value meals that are available for less than $6. For the main meals, however, the price ranges from $5.95 to $12.95. Meals are available only in single servings, but you can place more than one order.
The LiveFit meal packages or subscriptions, on the other hand, range from $96 to $159. The cheapest option is the Value Package, which includes all of their best-selling meals, and it can include 18, 24, or 32 meals. This is perfect for students or those who are trying the LiveFit Foods meal service for the first time.
LiveFit Foods meal plans
Below are some examples of the main packages for LiveFit meals:
- Vegan Package ($159): includes 15 to 24 plant-based meals, which you can eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The package offers quinoa, rice, yams, and pasta, among other options.
- Muscle Gain Package ($159): this package offers high-protein meals that can help you achieve your fitness goals. Some of the foods in the package include roasted pork tenderloin with apple reduction, buttered chicken with mixed vegetables, coconut curry shrimp, Korean beef BBQ, and basil pesto cod.
- Weight Loss Package ($145): Offers low-calorie meals for those who are trying to lose weight. Many of these meals are under 500 calories but packed with the nutrients that you need. The LiveFit website has a convenient calorie calculator, as well.
How to place an order on LiveFit?
Ordering from Live Fit is simple. To order, follow these steps:
- Go to the LiveFit Foods website
- Decide on the type of meals you want (weight loss, muscle gain, low-card, sugar-free, etc)
- Select your meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and choose snack items
- Add to your cart (they even have grocery items and you can order those too)
- Provide your contact details
- Place your order
Your meal will be prepared and delivered right to your doorstep!
Meals available on LiveFit Foods
We’ve tried and reviewed some LiveFit meals to help you decide which ones to purchase. Some of the meals available are:
- Pesto omelet with turkey and sausage and potatoes: start your day with this nutrient-dense breakfast! With fresh and nutritious turkey and sausages, this meal is loaded with protein.
- Butter chicken with rice and vegetables: with the perfect amount of all kinds of ingredients and nutrition, this meal is filling enough but will make you want more of it once finished.
- Roast beef with mushroom demi gravy: if you are looking for a complete meal, you can’t go wrong with this gravy dish. It comes with seasoned potatoes and crisp vegetables.
- Snacks: our favourite snack options are the LiveFit smart sweets peach rings, which are free from sugar alcohols, artificial sweeteners, and added sugar. They taste amazing and are healthy, so you can eat guilt-free
LiveFit shipping and delivery
When you order from Live Fit and enter your zip code, you can select a delivery day—Tuesday, Thursday, or Sunday—based on the days available in your area. Sundays are exclusively for the Greater Toronto Area and London, Ontario orders. You will be contacted before the delivery. If you’re not home at the time of delivery, the parcel will be left at a safe spot outside your home or delivered at a later time.
Your LiveFit Foods items will be delivered in medium-sized, insulated, eco-friendly, and recyclable boxes which are leak-proof to keep the food cold.
While shipping is at an extra cost, you can subscribe to save up to 10% on your order and get free shipping.
Dietary options on LiveFit Foods
LiveFit offers a meal for almost any dietary requirement there is, including gluten-free, keto, vegan, and vegetarian (and excluding Halal). However, the meals may contain allergens, so it’s best to contact the support team to learn about specific ingredients. The meals cannot be altered according to your requirements as they are made according to a standard recipe. Some specific options available for dietary requirements include:
- Keto roast beef with creamed cabbage: a perfect meal for people on a keto journey, it is also gluten-free
- Masala tofu: the perfect vegetarian meal with the right amount of protein and balanced nutrition
- Blank state calm juice: this juice is specially catered to people wanting to go on a juice cleanse. With ingredients like cucumber, green apple, mint, kale, dandelion, spinach, reishi, and ashwagandha this juice is very refreshing
What makes LiveFit Foods unique?
LiveFit can compete with other food delivery companies because it offers a variety of meal choices for different diets, as well as groceries and juices. The company also delivers at different times during the day, which is convenient for people who may not be home during the usual delivery times.
LiveFit Foods offers competitive prices with an average price of $13.99 for lunch and dinner meals, $11.99 for breakfast, and $12.99 for snacks.
Price range per meal
How to cancel the LiveFit subscription
If you opt for the LiveFit subscription package, you can cancel your weekly subscription at any time by following these steps:
- go to “My Account”
- click “My Orders”
- choose to cancel
All orders will be automatically charged seven days after ordering, so be sure to process the cancellation beforehand. Otherwise, whatever amount had already been paid is non-refundable.
We’ve answered some of the most commonly asked questions about LiveFit Foods.
When do LiveFit meals expire?
Generally, meals ordered at LiveFit will expire after five to seven days in the fridge. However, they can last up to 90 days if stored in the freezer.
How do I heat up my LiveFit meals?
All LiveFit meals are packaged in BPA-free and microwave-safe containers. Open the corner of the package and heat it in the microwave for two to four minutes. The heating time will vary depending on the power of your microwave.
what is the difference between classic, weight loss, and muscle gain meals?
- The Weight Loss, Keto, and Classic meals contain 5oz of protein, with carbs and vegetables
- The Muscle Gain meals contain 5 oz of protein with larger amounts of carbs and vegetables
- The Value meals contain 2oz of proteins, with carbs and vegetables
Our final verdict: is LiveFit worth it?
Choose, heat, eat, repeat—this is what LiveFit is simply about. LiveFit Foods will be a part of your journey to achieve your goals, and we loved the fact that there is a meal for everyone, whether you’re looking to gain muscle or lose weight. The cost of meals is competitive, and they even provide grocery items, so you can save a trip to the store.
If you’re short on time and are on a specific dietary journey, LiveFit may be the meal kit service for you.
LiveFit is one of the best meal delivery services in Canada. It has a huge variety of meals and plans that suit anyone and their special needs. They have great plans to build muscles or lose weight.
- Vegan/Gluten/Halal Free menues
- All Canada
- Food Vareity
- High Minimum for free delivery
- Not all menu is available in Toronto
I ordered the gluten free meal and it was perfect. Recommended!
TLDR, WARNING – I ordered from them, they missed delivering on the original date. Customer Service promised a new date. They didn’t deliver again. I asked for a refund, it never happened. I reached out to their CEO, Customer Service, etc etc.. the answer I got is unreal. “Hey, we are different departments and sorry you haven’t gotten your refund from accounting yet. (It’s been 2-3 weeks). Our accountant hasn’t processed your refund but here is his email….” – I can’t even make this up. Worst experience I’ve had with a company in years, even worse than Bell, Rogers, etc.
That’s funny that they were able to customize your meal plan for allergies when they just replied to my email that “we are not able to cater to specific allergies and dietary restrictions at the moment.”
Just meh so far, ordered 5 nights worth of meals for two of us, they say fresh but still tastes heavily processed ie. the rice was basically the same as uncle bens instant in texture and flavour. meals with ‘veggies’ are basically a side of broccoli, no seasoning or flavour, just cooked broccoli. We’ve actually switched these to our lunches and resubbed to Hello Fresh for dinners. Definitely not worth the $145. stick to lean cuisine out of the freezer section
I wish I would’ve read this site before ordering $500 worth of food, but hey lesson learned. It seems their customer service is over themselves as well. Maybe they think they offer some great food or something.
I’ll be detailed ok??? If you see the word Coconut Curry, it ain’t COconut Curry, which is Thai. It’s at best Indian Curry and it’s not good. Sesame Orange doesn’t taste like Sesame or Orange. ALL the vegetables are SOUR, and I mean real SOUR that it changes all the taste of the food, as if they’re pickled before they’re cooked.
THE CHICKEN is sooooo overly processed that you can barely taste the chicken in there. I’m guessing it’s artificial, not natural chicken and yes, that does exist. Most of it that you buy at the store is artificial. It might look like real chicken, but it isn’t.
SO yes, in general, the flavours aren’t great. The Chorizo meals are good, the Creamed Cabbage is good.
Another pet peeve, almost impossible to change the delivery dates. It is not clear what the deadline is, if there is one, to change the dates. It is impossible to change the meals unless you cancel the whole order and again, not there being a deadline, you don’t know when, how, by when you can change the meals and then you get meals you don’t like to begin with, AGAIN.