Chefs Plate VS HelloFresh
In this comparison, we take a look at two sister brands, both part of HelloFresh and are among the best meal delivery kits in Canada. We compare different parameters between their service such as price, delivery area, meal plans, and more to help you determine which meal plan service better fits your needs.
In a nutshell
In this detailed comparison of HelloFresh vs Chef’s Plate, we take a look at two leading meal deliveries in Canada that are now part of the same ownership as HelloFresh acquired Chefs Plate in late 2018 to become the largest meal kit provider in Canada. Both companies deliver fresh and pre-portioned ingredients with recipe cards directly to consumers’ doors. Not surprisingly both companies offer 3 pretty similar plans, including family and vegetarian. Delivery is available in most of Canada, but Chefs Plate offers free delivery in most orders. Both have good websites and supporting apps although, Hello Fresh app has more features that make it easier to order. For the minimum order of two servings with two recipes, the delivery fee is still cheaper compared to HelloFresh.
Chefs Plate vs HelloFresh features
Meal kit delivery allows busy individuals to enjoy delicious and healthy food without the fuss. You can enjoy cooking sans the need to find fresh ingredients. All that you will need will be delivered fresh to your door, along with an easy to follow recipe cards. In Canada, this service is growing in popularity, and two of the most popular options are Chefs Plate and HelloFresh. What is the better option between the two? If you are wondering, keep on reading this Chefs Plate vs HelloFresh review to learn more.
Chefs Plate and HelloFresh both operate on the same business models – they deliver meal kits straight to your address. They have a weekly rotating menu for variety allowing users to choose the menu that they want and orders are recurring. They will deliver the fresh ingredients that you will need, along with the recipe cards and cooking instructions. Both companies offer flexible plans, allowing their customers to skip a week or cancel anytime at no cost.
Both Chefs Plate and HelloFresh offer recipes that are ready within 15 to 30 minutes. To learn more about Chefs Plate recipes see our Chefs Plate review. It does not matter which one you choose as these two companies are perfect even for novice chefs delivering you almost everything you will need to cook your meal.
Chefs Plate offers three main plans – Classic, Vegetarian, and Family. Shipping is free for all plans except if you order two recipes with two servings. In the case of the latter, there is a flat shipping fee of $6. They deliver in Ontario, British Columbia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Saskatchewan, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Manitoba. With HelloFresh, there are also three main plans with slightly different names – Pronto, Veggie, and Family. The shipping fee is $9.99. Delivery is available in Ontario, British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Quebec, the Maritimes, and Newfoundland. As you can see, the two companies are almost the same in terms of the number of plans and delivery area. However, Chefs Plate wins a point for having a lower delivery fee, which is free in most orders.
Chefs Plate vs HelloFresh pricing
As mentioned above both companies are operating with the same ownership and pricing is determined by the same people. We see a very small differentiation in prices between the plans but as most of you would like to save money you should consider the free delivery option, assuming you are indifferent regarding the recipes.
- Classic: This plan has the widest selection of meals available. You can choose from two or four servings. There are two, three, or four recipes. The average price per serving is $9.99. Orders of two servings with two recipes will incur a flat shipping fee of $6. All other orders will qualify for free delivery.
- Vegetarian: This plan uses plant-based proteins and whole grains, among other healthy ingredients. It is available only with two servings. You can choose from two, three, or four recipes weekly. The average price is $9.99 per serving.
- Family: With a price of $8.99 per serving, the family plan has four servings and two, three, or four weekly recipes.
- Pronto Plan: To customize this plan, you can choose from two or four servings and three or four recipes. The base price per serving is $10.31. Plus, there is a shipping fee of $9.99, which is also applicable to the two other plans mentioned below.
- Veggie Plan: It includes 100% vegetarian recipes using fresh and seasonal ingredients. You can choose from two or four servings, both of which will have three recipes. It is available for as low as $9.83 per serving.
- Family Plan: This is a four-serving plan with three or four recipes. You can get it for as low as $9.69 per serving.
Both meal kit services deliver to most of Canada. Below you can find a detailed list of the exact locations. If the location you want to order to is not on the list below please contact directly t